Friday, August 24, 2012

Meet Joe Happiness.


Joe Happiness is a little boy, Solon's size.  Joe has black hair and black eyes, a mom and a dad, and they all live with us.  Joe works, he takes care of fish during the day and drives a truck like Solon's dado.  Joe means happiness, Joe Happiness.
 
Joe is Solon's imaginary friend and one of my absolute favorite forms of Solon's creativity. 
 
We've started a bedtime ritual of doing Highlight puzzles before bed.  Highlights is such an amazing magazine and I have loved it for many, many years and now Solon's is enjoying it too.  But last night during our puzzle time, dado thought it would be silly to add a mustache to one of the kids in the puzzle we were working on.  Solon, however did not find this funny and it was going to make Joe "bad" (mad).  I wish I recorded this, it's something I never want to forget - here is my best at trying to remember the dialogue.
 
solon - dado!  I said no mustache!  Joe is going to be very bad at you.  They're going to cage you in a police car for making Joe bad.  And repeated this at least twice.
 
They were more ramblings from this insane child of ours, I wish I could remember every detail.  Dado and I enjoyed the laugh and we SO appreciate the weirdness and creativity that comes out of our son. 

No comments:

Post a Comment