Wednesday, May 23, 2012

mama's day celebration.

first I want to acknowledge how stinking wonderful it is to be a mother.  I LOVE IT.
 
I love saying: I'm a mom, I have a son, my kiddo did this ________, but kiddo said this ________.  I look forward to mother's days with all the handmade crafts from solon and I will keep them all.  I will be a hoarder of my children's crafts. 
 
any who, by lovely deuben boys took me on a surprise outing.  we were in the car by 830am (ahead of schedule which is slightly rare for us) we jumped on 95 and jumped off in portsmouth for breakfast at http://www.thefriendlytoast.net/, breakfast was good, mimosas were weak.  back in the car and headed to massachusetts, by this point I gave up on guessing.  the day was warm and perfect, pandora playing us some good tunes, solon napping and sweaty, perfect. 
we've made it, pulled into the parking lot for https://butterflyplace-ma.com/.  I have never heard of this place!  we browse the gift shop, pay our fee and head into this warm indoor garden.  butterflies are flying all over, little finches zip by and chinese painted quails nest in holes.  it was awesome, beautiful & maine needs one.  there were giant butterflies snaking on a feeder of bananas, butterflies landing on children and adults, the little quails were zig zagging on the ground.  I wanted to kick the other patrons out so we could enjoy them all alone.  especially kick out little miss bossy pants, who was bossing my little one around.  we left the butterfly place with a new family member, a painted lady caterpillar which we will watch grow into a butterfly.  solon named her/him turkey, but later changed it to seeka.  headed to our car it was hot and to our left were half a dozen sprinklers watering the lawn.  it didn't take chicken long to get wet and strip down to his underwear.
 
after the sprinkler we turned the sub around and headed to boston's north end for dinner.  we started out with gelato & limoncellos at a cafe, strolled around while dado searched for the perfect hole in the wall italian restaurant.  we got sucked into a restaurant that was not on the list by the sweet christina aguilera looking hostess.  dinner was good, decent; chicken inhaled his spaghetti and meatball and seeka weaved a web.  one last stop for a glass of wine or two.  we sat a very sweet bistro with wide open windows, perfect for people watching.  solon bopped to the music, made onlookers smile and caught the attention of two girls from hong kong who asked to have a picture taken with him.  it was a fantastic saturday & here are the pictures to show it:


No comments:

Post a Comment