Monday, May 14, 2012

to health.


So, I'm tired today.  I was tired over the weekend as well.  I'm truly tired of being tired.  All last week I was feeling energized, healthy & awake (lost 2.5 pounds too!) and since I took 'a little' break from the elliptical for the weekend I'm back to feeling sluggish.  Granted I did have a girl's night out Friday, which ended up to be way more than I anticipated, being 30 now - I just don't bounce back like I used from late nights.  I so easily get side tracked on the weekends - eating out, having one more beverage than planned...  I need to get us all on a healthy kick start. 
 
The Plan: 2+ miles on the elliptical Mon-Thur, Fridays when I have the house to myself I can really bang out a workout - 5+ miles.  The weekend, wake early; it really does make a difference and I would have much more time with my boys and for fun things. Sat&Sun 3-5 miles, perhaps take one of the days off. The days I get out of work at a reasonable time the boys and I can take a walk and continue our weekend walks as well.  I'm totally doing it this time - I will loose this post pregnancy weight I've been carrying for 3 years(!), be healthy and awake. 
 
Eats:  We do eat pretty well, when we plan our weekly menu and stick to it.  I do need to eat more fruit and less carbs/gluten.  I feel very lethargic if I eat a lot of carbs in a day.  We bought a juicer over the weekend, Shane and I plan to cleanse with a three day detox of juices http://www.alkalinesisters.com/alkalizing/green-drinks/, the cleanse probably wont be until June due to events on the calendar that will hinder the effects, but we're both very ready.  I really wouldn't mind seeing a intuitionalist, get advice and a regime based on my needs.  I'm ready to make a life change; be healthy and active - have energy to play with my kid(s), live long to see my grandchildren. 
 
Before I was using my elliptical I was having moments (frequent) of dizziness for about a month too. It was scary to feel the pressure and fogginess in my head followed by the feeling of getting off an elevator with a lot of my movements; turning my head, spinning in my chair (not the 'fun' around & around) and with standing.  With the dizzy feeling I would then have a minor panic attack from stressing over what I instantly assume is something deadly.  It was awful.  I have a doctor appointment at the end of the month and I will discuss this with her, but I think I found the solution to my problem.  Of course there is some underlying anxiety that it could be something more, but I'm not going to waste time and stress until there is something to be concerned about.  For now I intend to ride that elliptical and drip sweat and eat delicious meals with mucho nutrients!  


No comments:

Post a Comment